Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Seventh Year Itch

(Although I don't really know how many years I have been doing this, six years might be a little better estimate)

I thought I was going to escape it this year, but apparently not this time around. If you've ever grown hair that you normally shave, you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's that annoying itch that makes you feel like your skin underneath is burning. It has finally happened to me today.

I'm sitting here after writing two term papers in as many days. It might be the total numbness from my brain being tired, but all I can feel right now is my itchy face. I wonder if I keep doing this for enough years, will the itch go away eventually?

This also gets me thinking about the possibility that girls might actually have a reasonable complaint with the itching. My face is a lot less area than a girl's legs, so I can imagine if my face is this itchy how much worse it must be for girls. My respect level for girls who are doing this just went up ten fold.

No comments: