Friday, November 20, 2009

No Shave November Wiki Update

By far the most traffic I receive on this blog finds its way here through search engine searches of "no shave november wiki" and "no shave november wikipedia." This is presumably to find information regarding the wonderful tradition that is No Shave November.

Unfortunately, the No Shave November wikipedia page does not exist (anymore). Back in 2006 I posted about this tragedy, and about how a certain wikipedia administrator felt that No Shave November is in fact a hoax and not a real celebration.

Well it turns out another wikipedia administrator is now putting roadblocks in the path of a real wikipedia page. Turns out user Gogo Dodo feels that a No Shave November wikipedia page does not qualify under certain wikipedia restrictions. After looking at the said restrictions I don't think a No Shave November wikipedia page should be turned down, if done properly.

Please leave a note on Gogo Dodo's user talk page on wikipedia, and let him know that this is in fact a real tradition. And if you happen to be a seasoned wikipedia editor or contributor I would encourage you to use your knowledge and skills to help us get an honest to goodness page about No Shave November.

1 comment:

No Shave November said...

We are now on the month of November, a month where the author of this article was born. This is the month of the year where I do always think of something to prepare in one of the 30 days. This is the month where all doubts are happening to me. I doubt why I was born on this month. I doubt why I usually escape and go to places where nobody knew me during my special day. Usually, I do not even prepare for a small gathering of my friends and members of the family.

As I browsed the Internet about the essence of this month, I arrived to browsing a website where one of the headlines is "No Shave November". I was curious what was the headline is conveying to the readers. So I clicked it (the headline) and read the long article. Then, I Google searched for other articles and arrived at www.no-shave-november.com.

Source: http://www.bazics.net/2010/11/join-me-in-no-shave-november.html