Saturday, November 25, 2006

The beard is growing... still

Well, I truly apologize for not posting for a couple days, but with going to Philadelphia, my computer breaking down, and then going to Seattle shortly thereafter, I've just found very little time to post on my facial hair.

A little update, my facial hair is still going strong (of course after the fateful day I shaved it all off). A number of my friends were planning on shaving their faces before or on Thanksgiving this past Thursday, so they could look acceptably decent for their families. I think this is ok, because it gives people something for which to not shave. They can look ragged and unkempt for a couple weeks and then right before they spend Thanksgiving with family, they can shave the hair off to look so much better. This is actually a large part of the roots of No Shave November, except the event for which to shave was December 1st.

A number of girls have also shaved their legs for Thanksgiving. I am just really proud of them all for sticking with it that long. A number of them did not think it was possible to last that long, but I assured them they could.

Here is a short poem written by one of my female friends regarding No Shave November and Thanksgiving (after shaving).

I am thankful for pants the last three and a half weeks.
I am thankful for razors. I am thankful for smoothness.
-Robyn

If you are still doing No Shave November, you aren't alone. Keep it up until the end of the month, and find out soon what I plan on doing with my facial hair at the end of the month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha . . . Thanks for posting that, Luke. Very awesome update, indeed. Enjoy your weekend!

-Robyn.